Top 13 high-calorie foods
We always talk about nutrients because in the end it is the most important thing when choosing what to eat, and to prove it, we show the top 13 of foods rich in calories. You will be surprised with this listing!
Naturally, without talking about more complex preparations that may include many ingredients, we find foods that are very high in calories but not of poor nutritional quality, as you will see below in the top 13 of high-calorie foods:
- Vegetable oils: all oils are made up of 99% fat, therefore they provide a little more than 890 Kcal per 100 grams. However, they are a source of unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E for the body and we can include them in a variety of dishes as part of the dressing or in breads, cookies, and other preparations.
- Butter: the classic butter that derives from the milk cream has a large percentage of fats, mostly saturated and provides 745 Kcal per 100 grams. In addition, it offers vitamin A and D to the body.
- Macadamia nuts: they are a dry fruit that are widely used in confectionery products and that contribute 718 Kcal per 100 grams. Its energetic value derives mainly from its high fat content but they are also a source of fiber, potassium and vitamin E that make it a heart-healthy food with which we can create a vegan or vegan mayonnaise.
- Grated coconut: it is the product of the dehydration of the fruit, so its calories and nutrients are concentrated. It offers 670 Kcal per 100 grams but it is an excellent source of potassium and fiber for the body, and although its fats are mainly saturated, they may offer benefits and have not been linked to increased cholesterol or heart risk. We can use it to decorate a variety of dishes or, to make coconut milk, cookies or energy bars.
- Nuts: they are excellent sources of vegetable proteins, they provide unsaturated fats, vitamin E and several antioxidants, so despite their 640 Kcalper 100 grams we can consume them within the framework of a balanced diet as part of a variety of preparations, for example: walnut cookies , pasta with nutsor vegetable pate based on this nut.
- Hazelnuts: contain 620 Kcal per 100 grams and like nuts are excellent source of unsaturated fats, antioxidants, potassium, fiber and other nutrients that our body needs. With this ingredient we can make a sauce a different pesto, cookies and other confectionery products.
- Pistachios: like other nuts the pistachio concentrates fats and therefore calories, specifically contributes 607 Kcal per 100 grams but it is an excellent source of quality nutrients such as unsaturated fats, vegetable proteins, fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium and else. With pistachios we can make everything from a simple salad to a pasta sauce and an original hummus.
- Peanut cream: it is an ingredient with noble properties and many benefits, although it concentrates 588 Kcal per 100 grams due to its high fat content. We can spread a toast with peanut butter or make a variety of healthy preparations with it.
- Pumpkin seeds: seeds are a group of very nutritious foods but very rich in calories because they concentrate fats inside. In this case pumpkin seeds provide for each 100 grams 585 Kcal and are a source of unsaturated fats, calcium, potassium and a variety of antioxidants as well as fiber and vegetable proteins that can be used by adding these seeds to a bread, a yogurt, a smoothie or Well, a summer salad.
- Cashew nuts: also called cashew nuts, this dried fruit concentrates 581 Kcal per 100 grams and is an excellent source of calcium and potassium of vegetable origin. We can add it to a pastry preparation as a sweet cake, as well as a salty sauce. We can also make vegan butter using only anarcados as ingredients and add it to a variety of dishes.
- Almonds: offer 578 Kcal per 100 grams but are an excellent source of fiber, unsaturated fats, vegetable calcium, potassium and proteins. They can be added to a variety of sweet or savory dishes, cold or hot, such as muffins, turkey tacos or a salad.
- Peanuts: they are an oily legume like soy but in this case they concentrate many more calories reaching 573 per 100 grams. In addition, they are rich in vegetable proteins and can be used in salads, sauces, stews, shakes, sautéed, as part of a pilaf rice and another large number of preparations.
- Hazelnut cream: elaborating it at home can obtain a noble filled food good fats and antioxidants per 100 grams provides 570 Kcal. We can use this homemade “Nutella” a brownie, some cookies, or chocolates, desserts and other sweet but healthy dishes.
With this top 13 of foods rich in calories it is more than proven that many calories are not synonymous with poor nutritional quality, but many energy-focused foods are also concentrated in good nutrients for the body as with most of those present in this list.
Thus, we must look beyond the calories and take into account that fats are the most energy nutrient, hence many foods rich in good fats are just the most caloric. And although we should not abuse these because they can unbalance our diet, it is essential to incorporate them to our usual table if we want to take advantage of their valuable nutrients.