Why having a clear out is good for you
Clutter is a modern concept as in the past we had nowhere near the amount of shopping opportunities that we have today. We had the basics required for existence but we never had excess. These days, with supermarkets on every corner and internet shopping available 24/7, we are accumulating ‘stuff’ at an incredible rate. Clutter can be a disruptive influence on our lives without us really realising it. For Swansea Skip Hire, visit http://pendragonskiphire.co.uk/skip-hire/.
In terms of feng shui, our energy flows are going to be severely restricted if we clutter up our homes. Often we are so busy that it’s difficult to find time to rid our lives of rubbish and so things build up like clothes that no longer fit or are out of fashion, a fridge or cupboard full of expired food, books that will never be read, paper and mail. Purging your life of all this unnecessary stuff can actually be good for the soul too and here’s why:
- It will make you feel less anxious. Clutter is full of junk, unfinished projects and things to be confronted that you don’t want to deal with. Shoving these things in a cupboard will still be affecting you emotionally so it’s best to cleanse your home and mind and get rid.
- Some people have reported losing weight after a declutter. Whilst there’s probably no scientific evidence to back this up, people have shed pounds after a good clean out. It is thought that the clutter represents the subconscious mind and freeing yourself of excess weight in the form of junk has the same beneficial effect on your physical wellbeing.
- Be more mentally focused. Clearing your space and having room to breathe will enable you to feel mentally sharper and zero in on tasks that are important to you.
- Allergy relief. All that stuff is gathering dust, mites, chemicals and bugs. If the clutter has been around for a long time then there could even be some mould and other unpleasant organisms. Do yourself a health favour and move the junk. If you’re worried about dust, wear a facemask as you declutter.
- Increase your self-esteem. Having things lying around constantly reminding you of incomplete tasks, things that are unwanted, broken or bringing back bad memories will only serve to bring you down. Give yourself a feel good boost and clear your home of those things that assault your wellbeing on a daily basis.
- Be more productive. When you free yourself obstructions, mental or physical then you can get so much more done in a lot less time.
As you can see, there are loads of ways to improve how you feel by having a clear out. Many items can be donated to charity such as good quality clothing, books, shoes and ornaments. Other things might lend themselves to be recycled or upcycled. Items may need to be kept and filed or stored in appropriate places but for everything else that is neither important nor brings any benefit to your life whatsoever, throw away.
Leave a Reply